We are very excited to be reopening our studio outdoors and to have everyone back. Out of an abundance of caution we will gradually start initially with a couple classes each day and as we are comfortable with our process, we will gradually ramp up to 3-4 classes per day in person over the next month or so.
The health and well-being of our community has always been a top priority and we are ramping up our protocol and safety standards. We’ve made changes with our operations to keep our students, staff and teachers safe. Here is what we have implemented for now but please keep in mind that we all need to be flexible and open to additional changes as the situation with COVID unfolds:
- More frequent disinfecting and cleaning particularly in high-touch surfaces and studio floors and bathrooms with disinfectant proven to kill viruses liked COVID-19.
- Continuous air filtration in the studios before, during and after classes to improve air circulation for better filtration and purification.
- No rental mats or props, including blocks, towels, straps, blankets, bolsters or eye pillows. You will need to bring your own mat and any other props you need for practice (and bring it home afterwards).
- No any hands on assists including china gel. If you need your china gel before class, we advise you to purchase a travel size container at the studio and apply it yourself once you are on your mat.
- Face masks for everyone including students and staff. You must wear a mask that covers your nose and mouth and can choose to remove it only when you are on your mat.
- Limited class size: we will follow the CDC’s recommendation of spacing mats 6 feet apart; therefore class sizes will be significantly reduced.
- Limited occupation and use of the bathrooms: we will only allow in 1 person to the restrooms at a time to be monitored by our staff and temporarily suspend access to the showers. You must come to class wearing your yoga clothes and we recommend you use your own bathrooms before or after class if possible to minimize wait times.
- Health checks: every staff member and teacher will check their temperature before their shift.
Before You Practice
- If you feel unwell for any reason or have any concerns about practicing at the studio, please stay home and do one of our online classes.
- If you have a cough, fever or any symptoms of COVID-19, do not come to the studio until you are symptom-free and fever-free for 14 days.
- If you have tested positive for COVID-19 or have knowingly come in contact with someone who has, do not come to the studio for 14 days or until you’ve tested negative for COVID-19.
- If you have travelled outside the Bay Area, do not come to the studio for 14 days.
- Upon making your first reservation, you will be directed to fill out an updated waiver online.Please do so BEFORE you come to the studio.
- Please keep personal items to a minimum. The fewer items you bring in, the fewer germs we all share and the more effective our cleaning is.
Reservations A Must!
- Because of the limited number of spots available in each class, you must reserve your spot online (you will be able to book 5 days in advance). You are limited to taking one class a day but there may be further restrictions for the more popular classes (you might be only able to take these 1-2 times a month). This is to ensure that everyone who wants to come to the studio has that opportunity.
- If you are waitlisted for a class, do NOT come to the studio – we will email or call you if we can clear you off the list at the latest one hour before the start of class.
- Our cancellation policy is 12 hours in advance. No exceptions. If you cancel less than 12 hours before class, you will incur a $20 no show fee.
Checking In Procedures
- In order to minimize the amount of time and people in the studio, we ask that you arrive just 5-15 minutes before class dressed and ready to go.
- We will check you in outside just before you enter the studio.
- We will have markers both outside on the sidewalk and inside the studio so please keep 6’ apart from your fellow students (even if they are your relatives) until you are on your mat.
- Use the hand sanitizer upon entry.
- You will be directed to where the outdoor classes are being held across the street. Please take your shoes off before going on the tatami mats.
- The water fountains in the bathrooms are for emergency use only. We advise you to bring your own disposable, closable water bottle and will have some for sale as we can.
- We will not accept late check ins. You must be on your mat and ready to go at the start of class.
- Please make sure you maintain social distancing as you leave the outdoor studio.
- Our retail store is open. Please avoid touching items as much as possible. If you’d like to make a purchase, please stand on the floor marker when waiting in line.
- We are going cashless until further notice. Please put a credit card on file in your Mindbody account (if you need help doing so, please call or email us and we’ll help you by phone).
- At this time, we cannot we accept any returns – all sales are final.
Please bear with us as we navigate through all of these changes – there will be challenges adjusting to this new “normal” and we anticipate that we may have to adjust our approach as new data emerges and the government responds to the pandemic. We won’t be able to get back to the schedule that was in place prior to mid-March for a while but with your help and support, we will continue to do our best to offer you great yoga, including continued online classes!